MSIT : A BRIEF PROFILE
MSIT (a part of Maharaja Surajmal Group Of Institutions) is an ISO 9001~2008 certified college; affiliated to IP University, located in Janak Puri, New Delhi with good connectivity from Metro & Airport. The college is in existence since 1980 (Earlier offering diploma courses & subsequently changed over to degree courses since 2001). This, over a period of time has developed in to a centre of excellence mainly due to its highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculty; impressive infrastructure & facilities (that include an in-campus guest house & a state of the art Auditorium with a capacity of 600; 2 Seminar Halls with a Capacity of 150 Each; continuously upgraded multidisciplinary labs with the latest configuration equipment / software etc) and a strong industry-academia interaction. The institute offers B.Tech Courses in the following disciplines with the current Annual intake of 540 students:-
1. Electronics & Communication Engineering : 180
2. Computer Science & Engineering : 180
3. Electrical & Electronics Engineering : 60
4. Information Technology : 120
As part of the University curriculum, the students have to go for 6-8 weeks Summer Industrial Training after 4th& 6th Semester respectively in various niche technologies. They are also required to undertake Minor Project during 7th Semester & a Major project during 8th Semester.
SALIENT / HIGHLIGHTS
Excellent Academic performance:-
• University Gold Medalists every year without break since the college inception from 2005 onwards till date. The current passout Batch has come out with the unprecedented 03 University Gold Medals out of 04 branches available in MSIT. This shows that our students are excellent performers in any competitive situation & environment. Parallely, better performance in any % bracket compared to other colleges further shows the overall academic supremacy of our students. Additionally excellent performance in GATE/GRE/GMAT/CAT.The recent excellent performance of two Alumni in GATE ie. Aman Khanna (ECE) getting an amazing All-India Rank of 11 out of a participating strength of 2,56 137 & Shashwat Rohilla (CSE) getting an All-India Rank of 13 out of a participating strength of 2,24,160. Similar performances in GRE have led to excellent MS admissions in high ranking universities overseas; MBA admissions in B-Schools overseas & best of ‘B’ schools in India (On basis of GMAT/CAT).
The campus improving its performance year on year quantitatively & qualitatively vis-à-vis bulk recruiters & high end companies eg:-
BATCH-2013 Microsoft R&D (01).
BATCH-2014 Microsoft Consultancy (03): this being the best performance by any IP University college.
BATCH-2015 Microsoft Consultancy interns (05): These selections from MSIT, were the highest amongst 15 shortlisted candidates from a total of 17 technical colleges of IP University taken together.
BATCH-2016 Microsoft Consultancy interns (03): These selections from MSIT, were the highest amongst 05 candidates picked up from a total of 17 technical colleges of IP University. These 03 also featured amongst the final 04 PPOs granted by Microsoft.
• Best pick by JOSH LABS, COMPROTECH, BSB HIKE, LIBSYS, CSC, HCL, SNAPDEAL, NEWGEN, SAP LABS, IMPETUS, HITACHI, IBM, AIG, SOPRA, MARKIT etc & by INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, TCS etc etc. The conversion ratios in most of the drives including High-end companies continue to be excellent with our students competing exceptionally well with the students of High Profile Government Institutes like IITs/NITs/ IIITs & also students from other Top Notch self-financing colleges of India like BITS (Pilani) / THAPAR College / DHIRUBHAI AMBANI college etc etc.
• This campus is conferred with the National Employability Award (NEA)-right since its inception for the four years running by Aspiring Minds (India’s leading employability measurement / Assessment firm). The award has been given in recognition of the college being amongst the top 10% of colleges in the country at the National Level with its students employability potential to succeed in various industry roles. It highlights efforts of the educational institutes who ensure best of education & exposure.
• 22 of our 25 participants, who did summer internship at IIT-D were singled out for registration of patents (Something unprecedented in the history of India as per the Chief Design Engineer & President, Design Council at IIT Delhi Prof S.K.Atreya).
• A team of students of the current senior batch was the zonal winners at Chandigarh in the National Level Programming Contest held by INFOSYS.
Strong Industry Academia interaction:-
• MSIT AS ONE OF THE PREFERRED PARTNERS OF TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (Being Accredited to TCS).
• MSIT AS INFOSYS CAMPUS PARTNER (Special Campus~Academia Relationship).
• MSIT AS THE HEXAWARE ACDEMIC CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (HACE).
• MSIT AS MISSION CONNECT PARTNER WITH WIPRO; leading to faculty skill enhancement for better teaching & student-faculty interaction (The participating faculty also got Dale Carnegie & Cambridge University Certifications during the process of this special workshop).
• MSIT as preferred partner of COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY through C-2-C Campus-Corporate engagement initiative.
Recognition By Industry & Others:-
• Prof. A. Oberoi, Director Placements was recipient of “Career Guru Award (CGA)” for PERFORMING MINDS for his outstanding efforts & best practices towards drawing recruiters for campus placements. This is in addition to “Career Guru Award (CGA)” for INSPIRING MINDS received earlier by him.
• Campus has featured as one of Top 10 emerging colleges of India along with engineering colleges like IIIT Gwalior, Nirma College Ahmedabad, Kalyani College Kolkatta, HKBK College Bangalore in the latest AC-Nielsen India Today Best Colleges Ranking Survey for the Best T-Schools of India based on their excellent performance.
• The campus was ranked as the Best T-School in NCR by Business Sphere for having best faculty & excellent placements.
• The Campus has ranked amongst Top-25 Best T-Schools in the latest Survey by Data Quest.
• Very recently the Institute received 3 coveted Awards from Education Council Of India; 2 in individual & 1 in institutional category for contribution to excellence in the field of education; One for President of SMES Sh. S.P. Singh “Glory Of India Award” the other for Prof. A. Oberoi, Director, Placements “Bharat Samman achievements Award”. The third one in the Institutional category being “Best Placement Cell in a group of Institutions”.
• The Campus was conferred with an award by Dialogue India magazine for being ranked as 2nd Best T-School in NCR.
• The Campus is identified as CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE by ‘Talent Grids’, Bangalore for being one of India’s premier private group of engineering Institution.
• The campus was specially singled out by MICROSOFT for their Faculty-Connect Summer School (a Symposium conducted annually by them &with participation by key academicians from the top league Universities/ Colleges of India).
• Through an award from OMAC (Otherways Management & Consulting); a highly reputed international organization located in Paris, France. The trophy for “THE DIAMOND EYE AWARD FOR TOTAL QUALITY COMMITMENT & EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION” alongwith the certificates of “TQM & TQCS”accreditation were collected by the President & Secretary of Campus Governing Management Council during a ceremony at Geneva, Switzerland.
Our affiliating IP University has been the only other from the academic fraternity to have received a similar award from OMAC.
• Some of Our Alumni are / have been part of the great organizations likeAMAZON-USA;ADOBE;FACEBOOK; GOOGLE; Blackboard Inc-USA; Microsoft-USA; Y-axis technologies-Singapore; IBM- (London/Spain); HP-New Jersey USA; NextBio-San Jose USA; Sea Micro / Force 10 Networks-USA; American Express-New York; Cisco-USA; Ernst & Young (E&Y)- Australia; Citigroup-London; YAHOO-Sunnyvale, California; Brocade Communication; IAEA- Geneva; Oracle; British Telecommunication-London; Sapient Corp.-London; ISE-NewYork ; NetApp-Sunnyvale, USA; ESRI-Redlands-CA, USA; ISE / Broadcom-USA; Accenture(Singapore / Philadelphia); Juniper Networks-CA, USA; Dreamworks Animation-USA; SAP LABS-USA; Intel-USA; etc etc.
Alumni of this campus frequently make it to the big league of high end universities / colleges both in India(eg. IITs / IIMs/ IISC/ MDI/ XLRI/ XMIB/ MICA/ IMT/ DSE) & Overseas (To many of the top notch universities & best of B-Schools).
Alumni of this campus is very proactively involved in various co-curricular activities including the IEEE activities at National &International level.
Very recently one of our Alumni got the most prestigious “RICHARD E. MERWIN Scholarship” (Granted Annually to 10 exceptional achievers globally) through IEEE.
Quite a few Industry-Government Sponsored projects are allocated to some of our IEEE Activists.
Few of our students have been selected as MICROSOFT STUDENTASSOCIATES(MSA) from India & few others as GOOGLE STUDENT AMBASSADOR (GSA’s).
Some students got internship with CERN, SWITZERLAND.
The breaking news from the campus related to Alumni is:-
(i) Achin Narula of one of the earlier passout batches creates history by picking up the highest ever prize money of Rs 7 Crores in current KBC hosted by Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.
(ii) Nima Arora picks up an excellent AIR of 50 in the latest results of Indian Administrative services (IAS); again an unprecedented performance from this campus.
(iii) Two of our MSIT Students Pranjal Saxena & Saurav Singh of ECE Branch were amongst the selected 3 contestants from all over India competing for the coveted place to participate in the world series of Electronics skills competition to be held in Brazil.
It’s a matter of great pride for this campus that Pranjal Saxena picked up the top slot in the National contest held at Pragati Maidan during 26-28 February 2015. He was the sole representative from India in the International contest held at SaoPaulo, Brazil during August 2015.
The whole event is being sponsored and organized by National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC).
Type of College/University : Private college